Riley is definitely a handful these days. She's growing so fast! She is trying so very hard to crawl, I think it'll happen any day now. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth and then falls flat and gets SO frustrated. She's started scooting herself backwards in her attempts. It's pretty funny. Also, she's now eating Gerber 2nd foods and LOVES them! The 2nd foods are mixed fruits and mixed veggies. So far she has tried the Apples, Strawberries & Bananas combo and the Sweet Potatoes and Corn combo. She couldn't get enough of them. Wow. Even more surprising news is that yesterday at daycare during lunchtime, she'd just eaten her fruit and was sitting next to one of the babies who will be a year old this month. He was eating cheerios and graham crackers. She snatched one of the graham crackers from the table and went to town sucking on it!! I was shocked to hear this and want to tell her to SLOW DOWN! LOL. I can't keep up! It's so funny because I had a conversation with her teacher just that morning about what she's been eating and my internal debate on whether she's ready to try new things and whether or not I'm ready to let go and let her. hahaha. Guess she's not planning on giving me much of a choice. Oy vay.
She's also become somewhat of a pill bug at nighttime. The last few days she hasn't wanted to go down for her nap in the afternoons and has wound up staying awake for between 4-6 hours straight. Even then, it takes a good hour to get her to sleep when it's bed time. She is such a squirmer! She just won't sit still!
My mom stayed the weekend with us so I could get some organizing done around the house so I could start unpacking things. I organized Riley's room, the kitchen and the master bedroom. I haven't yet started unpacking the boxes stacked in the garage or hung any pictures. That will potentially be a VERY slow process due to Riley's recent excessive activities. lol. The exterminator also came out to deal with some roaches that possibly followed us from the old house. Dad came over on Sunday and fixed a few things as well as changing the locks on the front door.
Anyway, I think that's it for now. Hopefully, I will have more pics or video to post soon of Riley's antics. I'm just waiting on Jimmy to send me the video camera and the digital camera's download cord that he accidently took back up to New York with him. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment