Monday, February 18, 2013

So much to talk about....

Oy vay it sure has been a crazy couple of weeks since I last posted. The craziest thing going on right now is that I apparently have a severe case of virile pink eye. Over the last week, I've been to the walk-in clinic twice (where I was prescribed antibiotics that were absolutely pointless) and to the opthalmologist twice as well. Last Wednesday, the eye doc told me to stop the antibiotics and gave me three different types of eye drops to use. My eye felt better for about a day and then everything went to crap. My right eye got infected as well and the drops I was given started causing excruciating pain every time I used them on my left eye. By Saturday afternoon, I completely stopped the eye drops because I couldn't take the pain anymore, called the doc and was told to either go to the ER (which I can't afford) or come in first thing Monday. Well, the earliest appointment I could get today was at 2:15 this afternoon. Turns out, there was a reason for all that pain. Apparently, a mucus membrane had built up underneath both my upper and lower lids on my left eye. The doc put a bunch of numbing eyedrops in my eye, applied a numbing ointment as well that is used for botox patients and then proceeded to CUT AWAY the membrane with a little scalpel. Oh. My. God. I had to sit on my hands and grit my teeth while whimpering and fighting every instinct I had not to jerk with every cut of that little knife. It HURT! And, when he was done, he told me not to freak out when I saw the blood on the tissue I was dabbing at my eyes with. Seriously???? He asked if I was on blood thinners because I "was bleeding like a stuck pig." Yes, those are HIS words. Geezus. On a happier note, my eye feels better.... sort of. Hopefully, it won't get any worse. I have to go back to the doctor on Thursday to make sure the membranes haven't grown back. Please God, if you have any pity for me at all.... please please please never make me go through that again. PLEASE.

Okay, so that's the worst of that. Right before all that happened, Harper had an ear infection that had to be treated, but she seems to have fully recovered now. Riley wrote her name all by herself on Daddy's Valentine's Day card which was A-MAZ-ING! I can't believe she just turned three and can already write her name! Also, she is up to her usual conversational antics and constantly astounds me with her logic... as well as her bossiness. Lord that girl has some attitude! She just loves to order everyone around. We are definitely trying our best to curb that tendency a bit, but it only works maybe 10% of the time. She has such a quick wit too. The other night on our way home from daycare, she was telling me all about how she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. When she was done, she asked me "Can I be a doctor AND a teacher, mommy?" Proudly, I responded, "Absolutely! You can be anything you want to be when you grow up, honey." To which she promptly asked, "Can I be a boy like daddy?" LOL

My eyes are starting to burn again and it's getting harder to look at the computer, so I'll wrap this up with a few pics from the weekend before last. Enjoy and think good thoughts for me and my poor tortured eyes. :-)

Family Fun Day at the Horse Track







Runaway baby!

Fun in the driveway with the neighbors


Tickle monster is on the attack!


1 comment:

  1. I know I always say this, but she looks so big!

    What an awful experience with your eye - oooh! I'm SO sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully you won't have to again!!

    ReplyDelete