Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mommy's Exciting Milestone!!

I just had to take a second to share my exciting news. As most of you know, when my birthday passed last year, I got it in my head that it was long past time for me to lose some weight, start eating better to maintain the weight loss and overall, just get healthy and get back in shape. I started kickboxing twice a week at the end of September and by November, I was taking a Krav Maga class once a week as well. I wanted to get in shape, get toned up and also learn some self defense. Win-win-win right? I stopped putting hot chocolate in my coffee, removed all unhealthy snacks from my office drawers, and stopped drinking soda altogether. At the beginning of January, I started a 30 day challenge where I made even more changes to my diet (reduced coffee intake, instead of skipping breakfast I started drinking a healthy smoothie to kickstart my metabolism, incorporated healthy snacks, drank more water, etc). I upped my workouts by attending kickboxing class and then jumping into Krav class immediately after twice a week and picking up an additional class on the weekend. In fact, I've now qualified to test for Level 2 Krav Maga at the end of February! I'm REALLY excited about that. (For those that don't know, there are 6 levels in Krav Maga and most don't test for Level 2 until after they've been doing Level 1 for at least 6 months to a year. I've been taking the class for almost 3 months.) Anway, long story short... I started this new routine at 207 lbs. As of yesterday morning, I weighed in at 176.8. THAT'S 30 LBS I've lost in 4 months!!!!! What do you think of the new me so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment