Her digestive system apparently didn't like that very much and she didn't poop for two and a half days! Last night we gave her breastmilk with 5 teaspoons of prune juice as per doctor's orders. She still didn't poop. All totaled she got four bottles with prune juice (three of which were breastmilk only - no formula.) She pooped a little bit after the first morning feeding. Then, just before she was due to be fed again.... she went liquid. LOL. Mommy and baby were pretty nasty because it was so unexpected. We put baby in the bathtub - clothes and all! Then mommy took a shower after. Let's just say... NONE of that was pretty. Poor Jimmy was in the middle of cooking breakfast and was frantically trying to help mommy while not burning the food. Pretty funny now that it's all over.
Next on the list today was checking out local daycares for pricing and availability. Kindercare is good, but they charge $278 a week. Needless to say, there is NO WAY we can afford that! We found another daycare that is very nice and only charges $210 a week. That daycare also provides live video feed so you can monitor your baby from work. I REALLY like that idea. I've got one more place to check out that's midway between work and home. I'm going to stop by and check out the facilities during lunch tomorrow and see what they have. Unfortunately, they don't have an opening until mid-June while the other two both have openings starting in May. Wish us luck! I hate the idea of putting her in daycare so young, but both Jimmy and I need to work full-time to pay the bills. As it is, we are on a really tight budget right now, especially with the wedding and honeymoon coming up. Not to mention the new additional costs of insurance and school loans that have recently kicked in.
No comments:
Post a Comment