1. When you have a baby, it's next to impossible to take a shower
2. Nobody sanitizes binkies every time they fall on the floor
3. Six hours of sleep is a lot!
4. I've suddenly become a multi-tasking expert
5. The smell of sour milk doesn't bother me so much anymore
6. Nobody looks and nothing smells as good as my baby girl
7. That having a spit-up stain on my shoulder is a daily occurrence.
8. That I would kill someone just for making my baby cry. (Mama Bear has a whole new meaning.)
9. That when my baby is hurting, it hurts me 10x more
10. Discussing baby's poop and vomiting issues becomes dinner time talk
11. Foreplay begins one second after baby goes to sleep and lasts about 2 seconds.
12. I value coupons now.
13. I can never have enough pictures of my baby.
14. Time with people I care about is the most important thing in the world.
15. I can go out in public w/out makeup. It only matters that Riley looks good & is happy & safe.
16. A quiet, uninterrupted meal is a privilege.
17. Actually, any uninterrupted activity is a privilege.
18. When Riley gets a shot, it hurts me more than when I do.
19. A clean shirt makes a baby puke.
20. Babies require a lot of stuff, and I've discovered not all of it is REALLY required after I buy it.
21. Sometimes I'm relieved when someone else is holding Riley, sometimes I just want her back.
22. There's finally someone who genuinely doesn't care about my faults or how I look and won't judge me for the lack of makeup, crap I eat, or the fact that I haven't showered today.
23. That same someone is responsible for the lack of makeup, crap I eat, and the fact that I haven't showered today.
24. That I will laugh sometimes when she cries and it's not mean.
25. Sometimes I'll cry when she cries and I'm not crazy. Or alone.
26. Having family nearby can mean SUCH a difference!
27. I have gained an insane amount of patience when it comes to a screaming baby that wont go to sleep.
28. It's okay to let someone else try to soothe her when she's crying... although it kills me to do so.
29. It's possible to love someone more everyday than you did the day before
:D I love this. And all of it is SO true.
ReplyDelete