Sunday, February 6, 2011

A great start to the day...

So, Riley not only let mommy sleep until about 8:15 this morning (thanks to Daddy laying down with her on the couch when she woke at 5:15am), she also started TALKING! I mean it, she really did! I was feeding her breakfast (a waffle and some cereal) and she started handing me pieces of her waffle. As she handed me the last piece, she said in a sing-song voice, "There you go." My jaw dropped! I put a couple of pieces back in front of her, she then gave them back to me and in the same sing-song voice said "Thank you." Daddy came into the room at that point and she gave him a couple pieces of her waffle and said "Thank you" to him too!

Of course, she didn't say anything else throughout the day and threw an absolute fit if I tried to take her pacifier away, but man, what a way to start the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That's awesome! You totally deserve it, after all the recent sickies and so forth!

    ReplyDelete