Friday, February 17, 2012

At my wits end...

Lordy, lordy. I went to pick Riley up from daycare yesterday only to find out she bit her classmates THREE TIMES. She bit someone TWICE the day before. That's FIVE TIMES in TWO DAYS!! This is not good at all. Her teacher seems to think the aggressiveness is due, in part, to her change in schedule along with all the changes happening at home. For the last month and a half, she was allowed to sleep in until 8 or 8:30am and now I'm having to wake her up at 6 am because I have to be at work by 7. Apparently, all this week, she has been REALLY cranky and whiny in the mornings at daycare. She doesn't want to eat her breakfast and she won't use her words to get what she wants. She's decided to take the more direct route of biting whatever body part is nearest to her to get the quicker reaction. She's bitten three arms, one cheek and one back. Grrrrrr. Yesterday, after the third biting incident, her teacher gave her her pacifier and it seemed to calm her down. Her teacher told me they are going to try that again today and see if it helps her get through the day to have her pacifier whenever she wants it instead of just at nap time only. If that doesn't work then it looks like we will try letting her sleep in on Monday and have Jimmy bring her to daycare after she wakes up. I don't know what else to do.

On another note, Harper is doing great. She has her one month well-check on Monday at 5 pm so you keep your eyes open for an update. I'm eager to see how much she's grown! Jimmy has survived the week at home with her during the day and only had to deal with one incident of projectile vomiting. LOL. He even took the night shift one night so I could get 4 solid hours of sleep in our bed. Bliss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment