To give you an idea of what we accomplished, here is the course map for the terrain and obstacles we traversed. It was overcast and rainy all day and the mud was EVERYWHERE.
Let's get this party started!
This is our incredible team! From left to right: Chris, myself, Mickey (Chris' brother and our instructor), Loreta (Tae Kwon Do instructor), Laura, Reagan, Maria and Alex (Loreta's brother and Kickboxing instructor)
Heading to the Warm-Up Zone
Time for a pep talk!
Off to an incredible start!
1st obstacle... I required a little help. LOL
Wahoo!!! We successfully completed the first obstacle! Only 20+ more to go!
This was the next to last obstacle, Mt. Everest. As you can see, it was rather muddy and required people up top to dangle shirts and/or towels for the brave attempters below to grab onto. This was the one obstacle I didn't even try to attempt. My left knee and hip hurt so bad by this time, there was no way I could've made it. In fact, only two of our group did it and they had to climb a human ladder to get close enough to grab a towel and get pulled up to the top. LOL. Ah well... maybe next year!
Did I mention we were FREEZING for most of the race?
Our last obstacle: Electroshock Therapy
I got out and then promptly slipped and fell on my ass. Ugh! ;-)
Yes, I limped my way to the finish line... with the help of my friends of course!
WE DID IT!
And we completely the day with a steak dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. Yum!!
Stay tuned. I should have to some event photos from the professional photographers that were at the event by the end of the week!



































No comments:
Post a Comment