Friday, July 31, 2009

Back to the doctor...

So, I had to go back to the doctor yesterday afternoon because my ankles started to swell again. Not as bad as last week, but it was noticeable. The nurse took my blood pressure and tested my urine, both normal. She weighed me and I was 2 lbs less than last week. Everything looked good. The baby is sitting low so it took her a bit to find the heartbeat, but she did! The doctor checked my ankles and felt for fluid. He said he wasn't too worried, especially since I'd lost some of the weight from last week. He suggested I try to stay either standing up or lying down. Sitting, apparently, is what is causing the swelling because it is putting a kink in my circulation and causing the fluid to go into my tissues. Other than that, he said everything looks good.


No comments:

Post a Comment