Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Update...good and bad
My vacation was fantastic! I got to spend 5 days with Jimmy in New York and then 4 days in Arkansas with family (girls' weekend). The girls even threw me a surprise wedding shower and baby shower. I got lots of really great gifts for the baby as well as Jimmy and I. I did a lot of walking too, apparently more than I should have. I got home on Monday and my ankles had swollen to twice their normal size. On Tuesday, I went to work and the swelling got bad again as the day progressed. I called the doctor and they asked me to come in right away. When I got to the doctor's office, they said that I was too early in the pregnancy to be suffering swollen ankles and fluid retention. They weighed me and I'd gained 8 lbs in less than two weeks, mostly fluid. My blood pressure is fine and the baby's heartbeat was good and strong though. The doctor wasn't happy about the fluid retention and said I needed to be on bed rest for the rest of the week until the fluid weight went back to normal. He said I was showing all the symptoms of a woman in her 34th or 35th week of pregnancy and unless I wanted to lose the baby, I should stay off my feet for now. I am too early at 17 weeks to deliver a viable fetus. Yikes! I can't believe he was talking about delivery already! Needless to say, I am staying off my feet and working from home for the rest of the week. :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully all with start going better!
ReplyDelete