Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flood damage...





So, for those of you that have not heard... my house was flooded with sewer water Saturday night in a matter of half an hour. The owner and I spent two hours getting everything off the floors. I left for my parents place at about 9:;30pm while the owner and a friend of hers stayed and wetvacced the house. By Sunday, we had industrial sized dryers and fans drying out the house. On Monday, the city came out to help us find the source of the flood and discovered a four inch wide wad of blockage in the sewer pipe under the house. Lovely. Tuesday, I took the day off from work and helped move everything from the damaged areas to either the laundry hallway or garage. Workers spent the entire day ripping out all of the carpet and cutting out drywall. Hopefully, everything should be back in place and back to normal by the end of next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment