Monday, September 21, 2009

My 1st birthing class...


So yesterday I went to the 1st of 12 birthing classes on the Bradley Method. The classes are 2 1/2 hours long, but well worth it! There are 4 other couples in the class and I'm the furthest along at almost 26 weeks. There is one girl who is 24 weeks, two girls who are 21 weeks and one girl who is only 10 weeks. They are all very friendly and we are all first-timers. We were given a binder and a student workbook to take home and bring back to class every week. We were also given homework! lol. We discussed our fears in regards to pregnancy, labor and delivery. We went through some relaxation and sitting exercises that are good for labor. We watched a video on nutrition and we have to write down everything we eat for the next week. Oh fun. :-) Unfortunately, I was on my own for this first class, but it wasn't too intimidating. My mom will be joining me for the next two classes. We are supposed to watch a video on natural child birth next week. Not sure whether I'm excited or scared about that. lol. Jimmy's gonna have fun when he gets back. hehehe.

After the birthing class, I went to a bridal show at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club and got to meet several of the wedding vendors I want to work with for my wedding. All in all, it was a pretty good day. I'm feeling much, much better now that I have some antibiotics in me for the Strep throat and had two full days of rest on the couch. I'm still congested and coughing, but it's not near as bad as it was. Thank God. Riley says hi to everybody!!! Lord, this girl likes her acrobatics. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment