Thursday, December 10, 2009

Doctor's Visit - 37 weeks

The doctor's visit went well this morning. Jimmy joined us and helped me ask the doctor all my questions about labor and delivery. It was very informative! I really like the fact that the doc is older and more experienced. I definitely have more faith in an older, more experienced doctor and the decisions he'll make on behalf of the baby and me. He's very supportive of me trying to have an unmedicated birth, but said to trust him if he tells me something else needs to happen (like a c-section).

On an even better note, I lost 2 lbs so I am currently at exactly 30 lbs weight gain. Let's hope we stay right there and make doctor happy. lol. My blood pressure was perfect as usual, lower than normal in fact (again I attribute this to Jimmy being there - I'm always more relaxed when he's around). The doctor checked my cervix and I'm still not dilated or effaced, but he could feel the baby's head right inside my pelvic bone and said he wouldn't be surprised to see some dilation and/or effacement progress next week. Yay! He also said he wouldn't be opposed to inducing labor if baby doesn't come on her own by my due date. This is important because my work just informed me that not only are our insurance rates going up, but the deductible is jumping up to $3500 instead of the $3000 we had this year. **sigh** Life just doesn't get any easier. We definitely need to have this little girl before the new year, if possible.

On a funny note, I woke up this morning and started my normal morning routine... went to the restroom, brushed my teeth.... and in the middle of brushing my teeth, felt a trickle go down my leg. lol. Jumped over to the toilet and nothing, but my underwear was soaked. I wet myself!!! I told the doctor about it and he double checked to make sure that the accident wasn't my amniotic fluid leaking and told me to push down or cough to see if I trickled again. Instead of leaking, I pooted at him. Oh my, how embarassing. Did I mention how much I'm enjoying this pregnancy? hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment