I've only got 4 weeks left. Kiss my big white butt. If I've got a few more pounds to lose after the baby's born, then fine. I'll find a way to lose it all. Honestly, is 32 pounds REALLY that bad?? I might hit 40 total by the end of this, but I think that that is still reasonable and I'll be able to lose the majority of it before the wedding in May. *sigh* Lord, please give me patience. Thank you. Amen.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Really annoyed with my doctor right now...
I had an appointment this morning at 7am for my 36 week checkup. The doctor did the Group B Strep test but didn't tell me when I would get the results so I'm assuming he'll tell me at next week's appointment. He also checked my cervix, but didn't say anything about what was going on down there. No clue. He measured my belly and said Riley's getting big, but that's about it. No details on position. Nothing. The nurse checked all my vitals and the baby's as well. Riley was a wiggle worm as usual with a good strong heartbeat. My blood pressure was normal, but I apparently gained another 4 lbs in the last two weeks which puts me at a total weight gain of 32 lbs. Doctor wasn't happy. I got another lecture on how women in 3rd world countries don't have the kinds of issues with diabetes or excessive weight gain during pregnancy that American women due and they birth perfectly healthy babies. I told him I didn't know what else to do, that I've only been eating 3 small meals a day and if I snack it's a very small snack like a handful of wheat thins. (Granted I have had a Nutty Buddy bar for dinner's dessert the last 3 days, but that is NOT causing 4lbs of weight gain). So the doctor tells me to eat LESS. I said, "Less of what?" He said, "Cut your meals in half." I thought to myself, "Oh, well then... Are you friggin kidding me? Hell no. They are small enough as is!" But I, of course, just looked at him and didn't say anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow - what a jerk! I'm sorry your doctor gave you such a hard time about your weight gain. 32 lbs is totally within normal range, and nothing to worry about!
ReplyDeleteThat's also really frustrating he didn't update you on your progress, etc. Next time make sure to press him for the news :)
Hang in there - we're nearly there now!