Surprisingly, just after I got home Wednesday, my cousin Cathy called me to let me know that her and her ENTIRE family were in Clearwater for a business conference and wanted to know if we had time to come and see them. They were staying at the Sand Pearl on Clearwater Beach. It was perfect timing, since I'd had to come home early for the girls and it was only 5pm when I got the call. Usually, we don't get home until after 7pm. We were out of the house by 6pm and on our way. We got there by 7 pm and stayed til almost 10 pm. Riley had a blast swimming in the pool with Cathy and her youngest son, Tomlin. We also took a little walk on the beach and Harper dipped her feet in the ocean for the first time.
Riley in her cool new heart shaped sunglasses. Cathy and her daughter Mayce picked them out for her!
Cousin Rodney holding Harper. She kept trying to pinch his cheeks. It was so cute!
Cathy and Riley playing in the ocean as the sun was beginning to set.
This afternoon, I was sitting outside in the grass talking with the neighbors as all of our kids played around us. My best friend, Jennifer, who lives in England had just called me and told me her youngest was in the hospital but then had to end the call before she could tell me what was wrong. I was sitting there listening to my neighbors chatting and I was really worrying about little Emma. Right then, out of the blue, Riley ran up behind me, threw her arms around my neck, yelled "Mommy!" and then gave me a big wet kiss on my ear. She then promptly went back to playing with her friends. I have to say, that was the sweetest, most wonderful thing she's ever done to date and she did it right when I needed it most. Lord, I love her. Soon after that, one of the other kids brought out some Sunny-D drinks and asked her mom if they could drink them. Her mom said no and was explaining why to her daughter when Riley put her hand on my shoulder and said "Mommy, I want one of those. I want one." in the most serious tone of voice. No whining. No begging. Just matter of fact. I had to laugh. She didn't get one but she was content with the Hi-C juice box she got instead.
Harper spent a lot of time on her tummy on the floor today. She wasn't content to play in her exersaucer like she usually is, so I'd laid her down on the floor to see what she'd do. She's ready to go, I swear. She had a grin on the whole time every time I put her down and she constantly scooted around in 360s, grabbing for toys and blankets and staring at the TV when cartoons came on. God, both of my girls are growing and learning so fast. I can't keep up!!!
Riley kissed 2 year old Andrew while they shared a chair and I think he enjoyed it a bit too much. LOL
Harper scooting around on the floor. She's much happier on her tummy than Riley ever was.






Aww, I hope your friend's youngest is doing alright - that's very anxiety-inducing. Glad to hear that Harper is doing better, but sorry for her health issues at such a young age. I know how stressful that can be!
ReplyDeleteLOVE Riley's glasses and swimsuit - so cute!!!!