For now, let me update you on what's going on right now. Riley and Harper are both doing great. Riley has discovered the word "Why". One example of this is:
Me: Riley, please put your underwear back on.
Riley: Why?
Me: Because you need to wear them.
Riley: Why?
Me: Just please put them on so we can put your shorts on.
Riley: Why?
Me: So we can go outside and play.
Riley: Why?
Me: Don't you want to go outside and play?
Riley: Yeah!
Me: Then please put your underwear on.
Riley: Why?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
She is also commenting on EVERYTHING which is pretty cool when she says something completely unexpected like she did on the way to daycare a yesterday. She looked out the window and then yelled "Look Orange!" I looked out at the sunrise, smiled and said "Yep, it sure is. The sky is pretty this morning isn't it?" Riley grinned big and said "I LOVE that sky. I LOVE it." Lots of emphasis on LOVE.
Harper is growing like crazy and such an incredibly happy baby. She smiles all the time. She's now eating veggies and has even tried and liked Gerber Puffs and Parent's Choice Little Rice Cups. I give those to her only sparingly cause I'm afraid she'll choke. Why am I more terrified of her trying new things than I ever was with Riley? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Riley was eating meats by now and several different kinds of finger foods. Granted, she also already had two teeth by now and Harper has none, but still.
Harper also slept a solid 7 1/2 hours the other night in the playpen in our room. Omie was staying the night in the spare bedroom so we brought Harpie into our room for the night. She went down around 8:30pm and didn't wake for a bottle until 4 am. Ahhhhh.... blessed sleep. I've missed you so. LOL
A few other things that happened in the last couple of weeks were Jimmy had a relapse of Lyme's disease. Ugh. That is a horrible disease. Treatable, but incurable. Happily, he got some antibiotics by the third day and felt quite a bit better after that. He missed three days of work because of how bad he felt. To top it off, I had to come home early one day because I was incredibly dizzy and nauseous. Those symptoms didn't let up for three whole days and I'm attributing it to my period coming back with a vengeance now that I'm no longer breastfeeding. Ugh. Thankfully, we are all better and much healthier now.
Some things I will be posting in the next day or so in Part 2 and 3 of this are pictures and stories from our Girls' weekend in Georgia and Riley's visit with Granny and Papa where she went fishing for the first time ever. She LOVED that! I'll also post about our adventures with friends to the Piccadilly Circus and the Zoo. During all of this, I even ventured into the realm of Photography and took pictures of my friend and her husband at the beach. She is 38 weeks (9 months) pregnant with their first and likely ONLY child. They were very happy with the results. Here are a couple of my favorites:
And now for some cute pics of the girls...









Oh the word why, why why why. Ha. Great pictures.
ReplyDelete