Sickness...
When I picked the girls up from daycare today, Harper had completely lost her voice and sounded absolutely pitiful. I was really surprised that daycare didn't call because of it, but when I asked Jimmy about it, he wasn't surprised. In fact, he knew! I took her to After Hours care and it turns out she has Croup. It's virile and nothing really can be done about it other than to run a humidifier in her room while she sleeps. If her cough starts to sound like a bark, they suggested I stand in a hot shower with her for about 5 minutes so the steam gets in her lungs. They said it should work itself out in 5-7 days. **sigh** Poor little girl. She sounds awful.
Shocker...
Riley was given a folder to bring home with her from daycare today. When I got home and opened it, there was a letter from her teacher, introducing herself and explaining all the ins and outs of pre-K. Wait.... what??!!! Riley's in Pre-K??? How the heck did that happen? I was floored to say the least. Several pieces of paper were included in the folder, detailing what would be included in the folder in the future on a daily basis.... behavior chart, updates.... homework.... Yes, you heard me. HOMEWORK. No way!!
Apparently, since she's in the 3 year old classroom now, she gets to learn and do all the things the older kids are doing. I am so not ready for this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment