Friday, August 10, 2012

Catching Up (Part 2)

A quick current update on the girls is that Riley got sent home yesterday from daycare because she'd thrown up three times and was running a fever. Jimmy picked her up and took her to the doctor. Turns out the poor girl has Strep Throat. She had to stay home from daycare today, but had a lot of fun spending the day with daddy. Harper is doing well. I'm probably going to jinx myself by saying this... I'm obviously a glutton for punishment, but Harper slept for 7 solid hours again last night. Yay! I'm going to try sleeping in MY bed with MY husband tonight (for the first time in 7 months) with the baby monitor on and see how it goes. I'm sure I'll wind up in Harper's room before the night is out, but here's to hope!

Harper is going to be 7 months old tomorrow. I really can't believe it! Time is flying by so fast!

Now for more catching up.... three weeks ago, my mom and I and the girls went away for our annual girls' weekend. All the girls on my mom's side of the family get together every year and this year, we went to Helen, Georgia. It was perfect. This was the 10th year in this annual tradition and we celebrated in this beautiful Bavarian town. Perfect because we are all in some part German! We dropped Riley off in South Carolina with Granny and Papa (Jimmy's parents) to spend the weekend with them. She went fishing for the first time ever and absolutely LOVED it! Here are some fun pics from that weekend...



Harper's 1st time in a spa... she loves the water!



Helen city center... such a pretty little town




 Another one of Harper's funny faces. LOL


The whole family in front of our cabin.

We checked out a Bear Park on our 3rd day. The bears were rather good at begging for apples.

My personal favorite...

Riley's 1st day of fishing with Papa.

Riley's 2nd day of fishing... 



Carrying the bait... crickets!



No comments:

Post a Comment