Thursday night, I took Harper and Riley with me to an event sponsored by my company. They had donated $1 Million to the Humane Society of Tampa Bay last year towards building a brand new animal clinic and Thursday night was the ribbon cutting. The girls did wonderfully well and it was nice to be a part of something that was making such an impact on the local community.
This is Sharon, the Lead Designer at Talk Fusion who I work right next to every day. She fell in love with little Harper and couldn't resist holding her and making her smile.
The family in this picture has raised $25,000 of their $100,000 goal to have the feral cat patio at the clinic named after a family member that was murdered overseas. She was a tremendous proponent for saving cats and they really wanted to donate the money in her memory. The founder and CEO of Talk Fusion (the company I work for) announced at the event that he had written them a check for the remaining $75,000 so that this dream could be achieved.
Bob (CEO) and Ally (VP of Marketing) cut the ribbon.
Riley and Harper both had a good week. Harper has finally finished cutting the tooth on her bottom gum. It's the front left tooth that has broken through. Riley got a Smiley face every day on her behavioral report. When I picked the girls up from daycare though on Friday, Harper's teacher informed me that they had had to give her some Advil half an hour earlier because she'd had 102 temperature. All day Saturday she was feverish and by 5, I decided to go ahead and take her to After Hours care because I couldn't get her fever below 101. It was 102.4 when we got to the doctor's office, but she received the all clear. All she has is another cold. The good news is that she is old enough to take Children's Motrin and Tylenol now. It seems to be helping. She actually nearly slept through the night last night. She woke up a couple of times for her pacifier but didn't cry for a bottle until 6 am. Wow. That was a first!
Also last week, I picked the girls up from daycare and Riley looked over at Harper and said, "Haaaaarpeeeeer! I.... Love.... YOU!" Sweetest thing I've heard her say to date for sure!
Okay, I think that's everything for the quick update. Here are a few pics from yesterday to keep you smiling!
I finally caught this on camera. Harper's newest antic is to grab a toy, stick it in her mouth and crawl around or stand up with it. I have to keep a close eye on her because I'm afraid she'll fall forward and choke on it. It's funny to watch her play like this but also scary as hell when I think about what could happen.














OMG... I love the photos! Riley is getting so big!! And she looks so cute in her little leotard!!! Your baby girl is adorable...
ReplyDeleteSorry you had such a lousy few days. The event photo of the family receiving the news is awesome. I love how you captured the moment at just the right time! (also, I love the girl's hair on the far left!) :)
I hope next next few weeks are better!
Thank you so much! :-)
Delete