Monday, September 17, 2012

The Highlights...

These two girls are definitely keeping me on my toes these days. I discovered yesterday that Harper has actually cut TWO teeth. Both bottom front. And she's started babbling like a magpie. She even said Dada for the first time tonight! Jimmy denies it, but I swear I heard it distinctly more than once and it was when she was trying to climb up his back to get past him to the bath tub. :-)

Riley cracks me up with the things she's been saying and doing too, although one of those things broke my heart the other night. We were in the bathroom and Riley pointed to a painting I made on the wall  of a mommy angel and child angel and said "That's you mommy! And that's me!" I agreed and then she said, "I don't like you mommy." Wait, what??? "You don't like me?" I asked. "No, mommy, I don't like you." she responded. When I asked "Why?" she told me matter-of-factly.... "Cause I like Daddy." I changed the subject cause I had no response for that. LOL

On Saturday, Jimmy and I had to go to a Home Buyer's Workshop to learn about buying a home so that we could qualify for down payment assistance. We are hoping to get all the paperwork to our lender by the end of the week to see what we can pre-qualify for in a home. Cross your fingers for us! Jimmy went to work right after and when I got home, the girls had just woken from their mid-day nap and wanted to play outside. I got out some left over washable paint from last Halloween and figured it would be fun for Riley to play with. The neighbors across the street came over and had some fun with it too. Messy business, but made for some great photos!

Yesterday morning, I took the girls to the splash park and on our way home, Riley told me she wanted an ice cream cone. I was amenable to that idea. It was hot out and ice cream sounded like a nice treat for all of us. Then.... then Riley said "I don't love you, Mommy. I like Daddy." Huh. Well fine then. I responded with "Okay. If you don't like me, I don't want to buy you ice cream." She shouted "I like you mommy! I like you!" I just had to laugh. Sadly, the ice cream shop was closed so we had to settle for popsicles when we got home.

Just before I left for my birthday mommy's night out yesterday afternoon, Harper woke up from her nap. She was standing up in front of me, holding my hands and a toy she was chewing on when I pulled my hands away to see if she'd keep standing. My jaw dropped when she did and stayed there for a full 3 or 4 seconds before she sat down. Wow! She's getting her balance!

Today, when I picked the girls up from daycare, Riley handed me her yellow folder and said, "Look Mommy! I got a happy face!" Then she handed me her red homework folder to look at. I took a peek and noticed there was no homework assignment in it for this week and said something to that effect. When we got in the car, she took both folders from me to hold on the drive home. Just as we pulled away, Riley said "There's no homework in my holder!" I said, "I know. No homework this week I guess." and Riley shouted "No way!" She always manages to make me laugh. 






I don't care if you are my sister. You better back up off my toys or there's gonna be trouble.









Riley's first piece of art on canvas. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment