Jimmy is currently in New York working hard to save up some money. I hope to see him around the 2nd week of July. I miss him!!! We are both really, really excited and I wanted to start this blog so I could keep everyone (including Jimmy) in the loop as to what is going on and how the baby and me are progressing.
One interesting development has been the very vivid dreams I''ve been having. I don't remember them all, but last week I had a dream that I was having dinner with Katie Holmes and she was getting really frustrated when Tom Cruise kept calling to change the menu. She was also really upset about her new short hairstyle and wanted me to reassure her that it looked fabulous. Her daughter, Suri, slept through it all. hahaha. Weird. And last night, I dreamt that I was going to school with the guy that played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire and Edward in Twilight. He was a real loner and we got to be friends cause I kinda felt sorry for him. I woke up anxious because a friend of mine wanted his autograph and I didn't want to be rude and ask him for it. LOL. What's up with all of that?
So, here's the update so far:
* We had our first ultrasound at 6 weeks and we saw the little kidney bean that is our baby! It had a heartbeat of 160 bpm. It was so exciting to see that the baby is alive and viable. I was also really glad that Jimmy was there to see it before he left for New York.
* We told my mom and dad the weekend before Mother's Day and they were really happy for us. Jimmy's Mom and Dad and family found out the Monday after Mother's Day and they were all very happy as well. Yay!
* Saturday, May 23rd, Mom and I went carshopping and I traded my 2002 truck in for a 2009 Elantra Touring that I absolutely love! I now am driving a "family" vehicle. hehehe
* We received our first baby gift last week - a sounds and lights Fisherprice baby monitor set
* This Saturday, May 30th, my mom and I met with the wedding planner at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club and discussed the start of our wedding plans. For those that don't know, Jimmy and I are planning to get married after the baby is born. The date is set for May 30th, 2010 (Memorial Weekend). So mark your calendars!
* Jimmy's parents stayed with me this weekend and brought us our 2nd baby gift! A little lamb that rattles with matching baby booties! So very, very cute! :-)
* Sunday, unfortunately, I was laid up on the couch all day because the nausea was really bad. I stayed down and slept most of the day while Jimmy's parents went to see Claire and Drake (Jimmy's niece & nephew) at their piano recital. They left this morning before I left for work and were headed back to South Carolina.
* I've only got 2 weeks of school left, Thank God. So I won't have to stress about school work anymore. Yay!
* And last, but certainly not least, I have my first Ob/Gyn appointment next Monday at 1:30pm. I don't know if I'll get another ultrasound or not although I'd really like to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler if they'll let me. I can't wait!
Anyway, that's all for now. Gotta get some actual work done. I'll keep you updated!
Wow! This all sounds so wonderful and exciting Jen!! I'm so happy for all of you!
ReplyDeleteI'll be reading the blog ;)
Be sure to ask the doc about the Zofran! It works! May be heading your way when school gets out. We have a shower to plan! Will be reading and keeping you guys in my prayers. Love ya!
ReplyDelete