Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Wednesday

I had no idea what to title this post so in case anyone wasn't aware... it's Wednesday! This week has been okay... a bit crazy on the work front, but okay. Riley is feeling much better although her appetite still isn't 100% and she still has a wet cough. She's slept through the night every night though (knock on wood). She has a follow-up doctor's appointment tomorrow morning to make sure she's through with the croup with no ill effects.

As for a short update... Riley's verbal skills are running rampant. Not only has she started naming things, but she'll repeat things you say and know what you're talking about. For example, the other night, I asked Riley if she wanted a bath. She looked up and said "Bath?" looked toward the bathroom and asked again "Bath?" I said "Yes, do you want a bath?" She ran to the bathroom shouting "Bath!" Too cute. Yesterday I asked if she was ready to go swimming and she said "Schwimming?" and headed for the garage door. She also loves to point at pictures and name who's in them, such as; Mommy, Daddy, Riley, Diddit (Divot), baby (cousin Roark), MiMi (Omie) and so forth.

For about a month, she decided she had to have her pink teddy bear to sleep with at night every night. Saturday, though, Granny bought her a big Mickey Mouse at the Disney Store and THAT has now become her new sleep companion. She'll also hold onto it tightly when I get her out of the crib in the morning and carry it around with her until I tell her it's time to go and Mickey needs to go sit on the couch. She'll walk over to the couch and plop Mickey right down then say "Bye Bye" to both Mickey and Divot. (Divot's bye-bye comes with a nice pat on the head).

Monday, Riley's swim lesson went really really good. She now can't wait to put her head in the water and "swim" to you or the wall. Unfortunately, her "swim" technique does not include movement. LOL. She just kind of floats there with her arms outstretched. I'm trying to get her to kick her feet, but it's like she completely forgets she has them once her head is in the water. She has figured out how to get in the water from the edge and turn around to grab the wall.... sort of. She's done it a couple of times so far. We're still working on it. They also took underwater pictures during the lesson and we should get to buy them next week.

Yesterday's lesson wasn't as much fun. We only got to swim for about 5 minutes before they made everyone get out of the water because of some nasty storm clouds that were coming up fast. Those particular clouds didn't have any lightning, but according the radar, there was a big system coming up behind them that had LOTS of lightning. We waited about 10 minutes and they finally told us they didn't want to take any chances so the rest of class was cancelled. Boohoo! Riley sat in a little chair the whole time with her towel wrapped around her, patiently waiting to get back in the water. :-( Oh well, there's always Thursday!

Just for fun, here's a pic I found on my phone from several weeks ago. I love my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment