Well, we spent an uneventful Saturday at home just hanging out. Sunday morning, though, we made a short trip to the dog beach on Honeymoon Island and Riley, Daddy, and Divot played in the water for about 15 minutes. I took some pictures and then started feeling woozy and nearly blacked out. We headed back to the car (me stopping every couple of minutes to squat down with my head between my knees). Fun, fun, fun. When we got home Riley and I crashed on the couch for a nice 2 hour nap while daddy went to play golf. Then we went to the mall to have daddy's ring inspected to keep up the warrantee. We forgot the stroller though, so it became an adventure in keeping up with a toddler on the loose. LOL. She LOVED going up and down the escalators. By the time we got home, it was time for dinner and Riley asserted her independence again... she wants to feed herself now. Very messy. She won't let us show her how to hold the spoon and throws a tantrum if we take it away from her. And she refuses to eat at all if we try to feed it her. So it's been fun to say the least. She's also definitely gotten taller. Twice now she's walked into the living room with something she grabbed off the kitchen counter that we thought was out of her reach. Guess we are going to have to child proof a little more this week. We want to set up her toddler bed this weekend and move the crib to the spare bedroom, so I'm going to have to go through her room and make sure there is nothing she shouldn't get into around in case she gets up and wants to roam/play freely. Definitely need to look at video monitors as well. I love our child, but I don't trust her. lol. :-)
This morning, I had my monthly OB appointment. I gained 7 lbs in the last 5 weeks. Yikes. The doctor gave me the title of a book he said I should buy. Picture Perfect Weight Loss. And he told me about a European study that just came out stating that overweight women who lost weight in pregnancy actually had a better outcome regarding birth and childhood obesity. Nice. Baby was doing wonderfully well. Good strong heartbeat. I'm measuring exactly on target and my blood pressure is good. No swelling either. All in all, a promising report. My next appointment is on Monday, September 26th. The one after that involves the glucose testing and then the next appointment will be another ultrasound to determine if the placenta is still low and hopefully find out the gender!!! Yippee!
Look how tall she looks! I was floored when I saw this picture.
Daddy needs to spend more time in the sun with his shirt off or mommy needs to improve her photoshop skills. LOL
Our little swimming seal. She LOVES to swim now.
This is my absolute favorite picture of all. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment