Monday, November 22, 2010

11 Months old!

Yes, Riley is 11 months old today! I can't believe it. Where did my little baby go???? This is what she's up to now:
  • Riley weighs 23 lbs 4 oz
  • At her 9 month appointment she was 30 inches tall (I know she's taller now, but we haven't measured her)
  • She has 9 teeth! Five on top and four on bottom
  • Her next doctor's appointment and well-check is on Dec 22nd - her birthday!
  • She's crawling (not as much anymore), walking, standing up on her own without needing to pull up on something, waving, rolling her hands (patty-cake style) and clapping
  • She babbles a lot and says mama, bye-bye, and uh-oh
  • She throws her hands up in the air when we ask how big she is
  • If I block her path, she's smart enough to try several other paths to her intended destination before she gives up and gets mad (LOL)
  • She loves to push stuff - her feeding table, the stroller, her lawnmower toy
  • She's wearing size 4 diapers, 12-18 month clothing, and size 4 shoes
  • Two naps a day. One in the morning about 2-3 hours after waking and one in the afternoon anytime between 2-4pm. The length of each nap varies from day to day though.
  • Unfortunately, she's not sleeping through the night anymore, but we'll get back there soon
  • She loves bath time
  • Her favorite toys are her toy cell phone, the remote control that doesn't work, car keys, and her talking books
  • She LOVES Divot (our dog) and is always giving her hugs. The cat won't let her come near her. haha
  • She eats anything we give her, but she loves Broccoli and Carrots, Carrot & Cheese wagon wheels, pancakes, string cheese, yogurt, mac and cheese, chicken and water
  • Lately, whenever I get ready to feed her, the first spoonful is always spit out into her hand and she's tries to feed herself. This can get rather messy whenever we are feeding her purees.
  • Whenever Divot barks, Riley starts making little woofing noises (they sound like who-who)
  • Riley likes to dance (bounce up and down or twist side to side) and she's started clapping when she hears music she likes.
  • Her version of kisses is pressing her face into you, either forehead to forehead or cheek to cheek. It's very cute.
  • She's doing very well drinking from a sippy cup. She's finally figured out how gravity works and will tilt it up to get her drink. She's still drinking most of her formula from a bottle, but I'm sure when we switch to milk at one year that she won't have any trouble drinking from sippy cups exclusively.
  • When getting dressed, she'll push her arms through the sleeves of her shirts all by herself
  • And when you chase her, she giggles hysterically
I think that's everything. If I think of more, I'll definitely add them in.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, it's like reading something I could've written about Ava, down to the height and number of teeth! And Ava says "oof oof" when Hank barks. Too cute! I so hope the girls get to meet!!!!

    Happy 11 months, Riley!

    ReplyDelete