Thursday, November 18, 2010

Don't know what else to do..... :-(

Poor Riley. She's been coughing and sneezing for a month now and has steadily been running a low-grade fever (around 100) for over a week. She's been waking up two to three times a night for the last two weeks. To top it all off, yesterday, when I went to pick her up from daycare, her teacher told me that every diaper change (around 6) had loose bowel movements. Because of that, she had really, really bad diaper rash AND she was running a low-grade fever again. They also said she was really rubbing at her ears all day too. So, I took her to the After Hour Pediatrics to get her checked out. She was getting worse, not better and this just didn't seem normal. I was really worried for her. Jimmy met me at the doctor's office and we waited to see what they had to say. Her ears, throat and lungs were all clear. They noticed the congestion in her nose. They heard her phlegmy cough several times. They checked her temp (100).... and said she seemed to be just fine. They then took her blood just to make sure because of the constant fever and checked her white blood cell count. It only indicated a viral infection, nothing more. Again, it's just a lingering cold. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!! I just wanted to sit down and cry. I don't know what to do to make her feel better! The funny thing is, I'm more upset than she is. She's still as energetic and happy as ever and acts like nothing is wrong. She just SOUNDS bad and is always rather warm to the touch.

On a good note, for the first time in two weeks, she actually slept through the night! She coughed off and on throughout the night, but she didn't wake up. Again, me being the worrywort I am, I went to check on her as soon as my alarm went off cause I had to make sure she was still breathing. Gah. I feel like a horrible mom and like an idiot for constantly taking her to the doctor. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's healthy and doesn't have anything worse than a god-awful cold, but I just wish there was something I could do to help her feel better!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor Riley! I know that must be so stressful for both of you!

    You're a great mama - that's why you notice her symptoms and take her in. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete