Friday, November 12, 2010
Another first! :-)
Riley has always loved to learn how to do the hardest things first. Small little things like, say, clapping have never been high on her priority list. Well, today, she decided it was time to start. I took her to daycare this morning and while we were waiting for her teacher to arrive, I started singing "If you're happy and you know it..." and I clapped her hands together for her. I guess something clicked cause she started clapping all on her own! And kept on. It was pretty funny, cause once her teacher got there and said, "Well it's about time! We've been trying to do that for months!" Riley started clapping to get our attention. I gave her a kiss good bye and as I was leaving, she started clapping again. LOL. Not sure how to take that. :-) Anyway, I love sharing in those little milestones with her and I'm so glad I've actually gotten to see every first time she's tried something new. I was a little worried I would miss out on stuff like that when I went back to work full-time. I'm so proud of our little girl!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww, cute!! Clapping is fun :)
ReplyDeleteBTW - glad your hubby is home! Go have some time off and get in a mani/pedi or something! Wish I was around to go with!