Riley had portrait day at daycare yesterday, which is why I took a few pics last night of her in her cute dress and posted them for ya'll. Unfortunately, she was not in the mood to pose, but you got the idea. She's been entertaining us all with her antics over the last couple of weeks with her walking, clapping, standing, dancing and showing us how very big she is. She is just too cute and I love her so much!
Sadly, Riley is again not sleeping through the night. Every night for almost two weeks now, she's up one to two times a night depending on if we put her back in her crib. She's been waking up anywhere between 11pm and 1am. If we can get her back to sleep in her crib (usually after 30 mins to an hour of fighting it) she'll wake up again around 4-5am. Last night, poor Jimmy got up at midnight to soothe her and wound up spending the remainder of the night on the couch with her. Part of me knows we should let her cry it out, but the biggest problem is that she's still sick and has a very phlegmy cough. If she gets too worked up, she chokes on all the phlegm that gets churned up from all of the crying and either can't breathe or pukes. I HATE to make her go through that and so, am avoiding it. We've got her bundled up in warm clothes and her blanket so she stays warm through the night. But she's been running a low-grade fever off and on for the last week (around 100.3 was the highest it's gotten). The couple of times I put her in PJs that weren't so thick cause I thought she'd be too hot, she woke up and her feet/hands were ice cold. I just don't know what to do for her! *sigh*
:(
ReplyDeleteWill we ever get to sleep all night? Not that I could even if Ava did - I'd be too worried that she wasn't waking up because something was wrong. Oh, motherhood :P