...and a frickin' roller coaster ride ALL the way. I went back to work on Monday after dropping Riley off at daycare in her new toddler classroom. Work was a pain in the butt trying to catch up from a week of vacation. The day ended great though when I picked Riley up from daycare. I walked in the room and as soon as Riley saw me, her entire face lit up with a great big smile and she started waving ecstatically at me. It's the best "Hi Mommy" greeting I've ever gotten from her. Made my day. :-)
Tuesday morning I went for a job interview that was scheduled at 8am. A job that has the potential to seriously help our financial situation. The employer didn't show up until 9:05 am. Apparently he thought the interview was at 9 and took his daughter to school that morning before work. I waited patiently and the interview went really well. He said he'd let me know something by the following day and assured me he would call regardless of the decision. Guess what.... no call. I sent him an email Thursday morning inquiring about the hiring decision and he informed me that they had a few more last minute interviews with some internal candidates and he would contact me soon. By Friday, still no word. Friday was also the FIRST day that Jimmy got to work since vacation which makes money even tighter than it already is. By Friday at 3pm, I finally got another email saying the company was STILL doing interviews and now I wouldn't know an answer until Tuesday. Talk about frustrating. My phone was attached to my hip for three days and I was an emotional mess. I just wanted an ANSWER already. Seriously.
Riley had a great week in her new toddler room. They painted with watercolors every day and she loved the reading circle they had. She's adjusted great to the one nap a day schedule as well. They don't have any cribs in the room so they sleep on cots. Apparently she has had NO problems with the change in sleeping arrangements. Of course, at home, that's an entirely different situation. She stayed in her crib through the night only ONCE since we got back. The last two nights she wouldn't even stay in her crib for more than five minutes before waking up screaming. And during the day, I've had to nap with her on the couch because she woke as soon as I tried to lay her down.
Just before we left on vacation, she finally seemed to be better after having a cough and runny nose for nearly a month and a half. Yesterday though, her cough came back and had a lot of phlegm with it. Her nose started running again as well. This morning, when we woke up, she felt rather warm to the touch so I gave her some Infants' Tylenol and it seemed to help. Her appetite wasn't as good as it normally is although she was very thirsty. (In fact, while on vacation, Riley suddenly started refusing to eat her Lil Meals or Lil Entrees. She would only eat actual table food and she's gotten really picky about it ever since. Makes trying to figure out what to feed her and keep it nutritious kind of hard.)
Anyway, her cough seemed more pronounced throughout the day today so I took her to After Hours Pediatrics just to make sure it wasn't anything serious. I figured they'd just tell me she had another cold or maybe an ear infection. The doctor checked her out and said her ears, throat and lungs were clear but he wanted to test her for the Flu and RSV just in case because it's been going around. Yep, you guessed it. Riley has the flu. Luckily, it's not RSV, but it's still the flu. I'm a little perturbed by this since she received her flu shot several months ago. I don't remember the last time I got a flu shot and I don't remember the last time I had the flu. I didn't get the flu shot OR the H1N1 shot while pregnant because I really didn't think it was necessary. And it wasn't. The doctor convinced me it was in Riley's best interest, though, to let her get the flu shot as the season approached this year, so I did. Doesn't it just figure that she got the flu anyway???!!!
Needless to say, she can't go to daycare tomorrow because we have to wait until she's free of fever for 24 hours. The doctor prescribed Tamiflu for her twice a day for the next five days. The pharmacist questioned the prescription because apparently the doctor prescribed 30mg CAPSULES. Geez! Do you really think a 1 year old will willingly swallow a capsule? The pharmacist called the doctor and suggested the liquid form. The doctor agreed and re-prescribed it. Yeesh.
So, daddy's got Riley duty all day tomorrow while I go to work. I will wait anxiously for the phone call from the potential employer I'd like to work for. Riley will hopefully get a little better as each day goes by and will hopefully get back to sleeping through the night IN HER CRIB soon. Please pray, think good thoughts or wish us good luck. We could definitely use all three.
No comments:
Post a Comment