Once we got home, we had some breakfast and played with toys for a little bit, then laid down for a very short 30 minute nap before we had to leave again to meet our cousins (Ashley, Chris & Roark) at the Lowry Park Zoo. We met up with them around 1:00pm and spent the next 3 hours wandering around looking at the animals and having a really great time. Riley even got to feed a giraffe!!!
After the zoo, we came home and crashed for the evening. Whew! On Sunday, our friends Tina & Savanna came over around 11am and Riley and I went with them to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. It's much smaller than the Florida Aquarium but still really neat. They had two dolphins, Winter and Panama. Just last year, there was a movie being filmed there with Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd and Harry Connick, Jr. called A Dolphin's Tale and it's all about Winter the dolphin and how she lost her tail and was rescued. Pretty cool!
Anyway, lots of excitement to keep us active throughout the weekend. I was lucky in that the heat really didn't make my nausea any worse which was a worry of mine. I drank lots of water though and sat down when I needed to. I think all the distractions kept my mind off of it. Of course, as soon as I got home, I didn't want to get up off the couch. hahaha. Here are all the pics from the weekend. Enjoy!
Holy cow! What the heck is that thing mom?
Feeding the giraffe. (It's head is bigger than the both of us!) lol
Riley tried to give Roark a cheerio to make him smile again. :-)
Time to cool off a little at the kids' water zone.
Riley had to think about this a little. Check out the scene, you know...
...Talk to a few other kids and make sure it was safe.
Oh yeah. This is so much fun!
Sunday at the Aquarium
Waiting for the dolphin show to start...
Gotta keep hydrated. It's hot outside!
Check it out mom! It's a dolphin!
Riley look! They're rubbing it's tummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment