Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mommy Bragging Moment

It's been a bit crazy lately so I haven't been able to download pictures from the 4th of July weekend at my mom and dad's for ya'll yet, but I hope to get to it later tonight since Jimmy will be home. In the meantime, I thought I'd brag a little...

#1 Apparently, Riley has been learning a sign or two at daycare. This weekend when my cousin Ashley and her family were over, I was feeding Riley some snacks and Ashley made the sign for "more" and asked Riley if she wanted more. Riley immediately repeated the gesture and said "More?" My jaw dropped, especially since she continued to do it until there were no more snacks. I hope to catch her teacher before she leaves in the next day or so and ask her if Riley knows any other signs and what they are. Her teacher always gets there after I've dropped Riley off and leaves usually minutes before I get there to pick her up. It's frustrating cause I never know what new things she's learning and picking up. (On a not-so-braggy note, I picked Riley up yesterday and found two notes stating that she'd bitten TWO kids yesterday. Oy vay. I'm hoping they were the same kids that have bitten HER in the past but it's not likely. sigh)

#2 Jimmy joined us in Ocala on Sunday and brought Divot (our dog) with him. At one point, the dogs started barking and everyone was telling them to shush and be quiet, that there was nothing for them to bark at. A few minutes later they started barking again and Riley was playing on the couch with my mom and I. Riley reached up, put a single finger on the tip of her nose and made hissing noise "ssss ssss". I looked at her and said what's that? She put her finger on her nose while looking at Divot, who barked again, and said "ssss ssss". I finally figured out she was trying to shush the dog. LOL

#3 And lastly, my personal brag moment is that I have officially had my first article published online. Yay me! Here's the link: A Booth Called Home

No comments:

Post a Comment