On a happier note, a few months ago, my neighbor had mentioned a local place called the Seal Swim School that pushes lessons more aggressively while still keeping things fun. I gave them a call this week because the summer is almost over and I have got to get Riley lessons that will teach her safety! Well, they GUARANTEE your child will be swimming 3 to 5 feet by the end of the lessons, they WILL know how to float on their back, and they WILL know how to get back to the wall if they fall in. Perfect. My mom offered to cover the cost of the lessons for us since they were quite expensive compared to the Y and Riley is now officially scheduled to start on August 8th! Thank you lord and thank YOU mom!! This will give us some much needed peace of mind for sure.
Also last weekend, we had a little get together on Sunday for a bunch of my craftsy friends and we've now started a Crafts & Craziness group that will meet every 3rd Sunday each month to get together and do fun craftsy things. I learned some crochet techniques from a friend of mine and am now attempting to make a baby blanket just to see if I can. I've already started over 3 times, but I've successfully made 3 rows out of 83 that I need to finish. hahahaha. Wish me luck.
All week at daycare, Riley has been very, very good. No biting, no pushing and no hitting. Yay!!! At home, she stills tries to get us though. Last night, Jimmy was feeding her grapes in the kitchen and she accidentally dropped one on the floor. Jimmy went to get it so he could wash it before she ate it and she did NOT want to give it up. She pulled his hand with the grape to her mouth and tried to either get the grape in her mouth before daddy took it away or bite daddy's hand so he wouldn't take it away. LOL. We aren't sure which, but neither happened cause daddy's quick like that. Yeah, there was a bit of tantrum associated with that event, but she got over it once the grape was back in her possession.
This weekend, we have Riley's final swim lesson at the YMCA Saturday morning and then she gets to hang out with mommy for the whole rest of the week! On Tuesday morning, I have an ultrasound and doctor's appointment where I will hopefully find out the gender of Baby #2 and then Thursday, Riley, my mom and I leave for Oklahoma for our girls' reunion weekend! Woohoo.
Riley and Divot eagerly watch Daddy eating dinner. Riley even managed to persuade him to share a few bites with her. LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment