Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Fun...

We had a really good weekend! Nothing really exciting, but it was fun. Friday evening, when I got home from work, I let Riley have fun with some finger paints, markers and stickers. She made handprints for Papa's birthday present and we got Harper's foot prints for it as well. Harper wasn't too happy about that but her footprints were so cute and tiny! After painting, Riley went to town drawing with her markers and sticking every sticker I had on her arms and face...




Saturday, I went to the local JBF consignment sale and for only around $20 picked up an Easter dress for Harper, sandals for Riley, 5 Medela bottles for me, a rocking horse, a bumpo AND a jump-up for Harper. All told, brand new, this lot would've cost me around $150 so I think I stole the show! LOL. To top it all off, I got all of that in under 15 minutes. I'm sure I could've found A LOT more to buy, but I'm broke so I got what I needed and left without looking around. Smart huh? After the sale, I met my friend Tina and her daughter at the Children's Expo at the fairgrounds where we got LOTS of free stuff. Next year, I am definitely taking Riley with me and possibly Harper too. There were tons of fun things for the kids to do. Because neither of my girls were with me, we missed out on the free Children's Safety IDs as well as getting free bike helmets, but that's okay. It was fun nonetheless. The girls stayed home with the in-laws and had a great time with them while I was out.

Sunday, we all just lounged around the house for the most part. I took Riley and Harper for a walk around the block in the afternoon. This was fun because the whole time we were out walking, Riley pointed out everything she saw. "I see a dog! I see a airplane! I see blue! I see purple!" followed by "Mommy, what's that? What's that noise?" When I answered, she'd reply "Oh!" So cute!

Yesterday, Harper turned 2 months old! I can't believe two months have already gone by since her birth.


Here's what she's doing now...

  • She smiles all the time.
  • She sits up when supported.
  • Holds her head up for long periods of time.
  • Sleeps 5-6 hours straight at night.
  • Drinks 2 1/2 - 3 ounces every two hours (except at night).
  • Is ticklish although she doesn't giggle just yet. She'll arch her chest up when you tickle her sides and grin.
  • Is out of newborn clothes and now wears 0-3 months.
  • Wears size 1 diapers.
  • Loves to suck on her hand when she doesn't want her pacifier.
  • Can stand/push up on her two feet when supported.
Her 2 month well check is this afternoon at 4:30pm so I will update with her stats later tonight. In the meantime, here are some pics from the weekend... (I'll have even more to post for you later tonight with the stats.)







No comments:

Post a Comment