Friday, April 27, 2012

Gearing up for next week...

I have to admit, all these changes make me anxious. I start a new job a week from Monday, and although I'm REALLY excited about it, I can't help but be anxious about having to put Riley in a new daycare AND start Harper in daycare as well. This new daycare they will be going to is quite a bit smaller and more crowded than the old one. It's also not in as nice a part of town. All the kids there look happy and the teachers are really nice as well... so far as I can tell. I guess only time will tell if I made the right choice. It would break my heart if my girls weren't happy with the change. I know there will be an adjustment period which is why I've enrolled them to start next Tuesday. The daycare is only 5 minutes from where I work now and I want to be close by if there's any problems. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly though and by the time I start the new job, they'll be right as rain. Fingers crossed. The good news about the new daycare is that they allow TWO weeks off where you don't have to pay for the week at all AND they feed the kiddos. Granted, Harper is still drinking breast milk so I'll have to supply that but at least we won't have to worry about Riley getting some nutritious meals during the day. I hope.

My current job is going well. There hasn't been much of a response to my notice of resignation so I guess that's good. Part of me will really miss some of the people here. I mean, in the 3 years I've worked here, there have been huge life changes. I got married and had two children!! My coworkers were around for all of that. Many came to my wedding and quite a few love to see pics of the girls on a weekly basis. They've been wonderful. I'm hoping my new coworkers will be just as awesome as the ones I've worked with here.

Nothing exciting is going on this weekend. Jimmy has to work both days, but I've got some coupons for some local play places and I'm hoping to get out with the girls and maybe a mommy friend to check out one or two of these places. Monday, I'm getting an IUD placed for birth control. It's called ParaGuard and it's a 10 year, non-hormonal IUD. Yay for birth control! Tuesday, the girls start their new daycare. It's going to be a crazy week so wish us luck!

Here's a couple of pics that my sister-in-law and brother-in-law took last weekend of Harper while they babysat for us... aren't they awesome??!!



No comments:

Post a Comment