Riley did NOT have a good night Friday night. She went down about 8pm and woke up at 11:30pm crying inconsolably. I brought her to bed with me and at about 2:30am, she decided she wasn't tired anymore and started crawling all over me and blowing raspberries on my arms and cheek to wake me up. I ended up getting up and making a bottle for her and she went back to sleep after about half an hour. She woke again at 5:30am and this time, she was NOT going back to sleep. **sigh** Needless to say, mom took naps with her all day long so she could catch up on sleep.
My mom came over around noon and played with Riley most of the afternoon so I could get a few household chores done. She also brought our cat, Shanks, back and Riley was absolutely enthralled. She was so excited to see Shanks, she tried to chase her around the house all day. Riley really has picked up the speed on her crawling. She actually caught the cat a couple of times. Poor Shanks!
I checked the mail about mid-afternoon and Riley got a little gift from a friend of mine's daughter. The live in England and my friend's daughter is almost 2 months old. The gift was an amber teething necklace and a set of bibs. It even came with a card written from baby to Riley. How cute! I put it in Riley's baby book cause I'm sure it will be the first of many! I will post pics of Riley's new necklace along with pics from our week in Texas tonight hopefully. (IF Riley decides to go to bed and stay there before 10:00pm.) The last two nights, she has spent two hours fighting bed time. She would fall asleep in my arms, but as soon as I put her in the crib she would start screaming. Grrrr. Yes, I contemplated either throwing myself or her through the window... I NEVER would do it though! I just briefly entertained the thought and then just decided to pull my hair out, took a deep breath, and went through the rocking, singing, shhhhing routine again.
She's been very congested for the last week and I went to Babies'R'Us yesterday and found some Vick's Baby Rub that I could put on her chest and back to help her out some. It really seemed to work too! She, of course, would NOT go to sleep in her crib until around 10:00pm last night, but she stayed in her crib all night until I got her up at 6:30am this morning. She did wake up a couple of times and cry out, but she went immediately back to sleep without me having to get up and check on her. She even was breathing pretty good when she got up. She wasn't near as congested and stuffy as she's been lately. Whew. Yay for sleep and vapor rub!
Our neighbor and her two daughters came by yesterday to say hi as well. They played with Riley's toys and Riley and chased Shanks around the house too. The oldest girl, who's 11, brought 3 trophies she won Thursday night at her swim team banquet and they also brought some leftover food over for us. Then, last night, Riley and I went to dinner with a mom I met at my Bradley Method class while pregnant. She was in town for the weekend from California and she brought her daughter with her. Her daughter is exactly one month younger than Riley. She was born 3 weeks early and was a little over 5 lbs at birth. No worries now though. She weighs the same as Riley and, in fact, as we were leaving the restaurant, a lady asked if they were twins. Hahaha!
Okay, that's it for now I think. I will try and post some pics tonight if I can. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment