Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Not a good day for Riley yesterday...

Poor Riley. Daycare called yesterday around 1:15 and said she was running a fever of 101.8 under the arm and that she'd been fussy and lethargic all morning. Jimmy went to pick her up and take her to the doctor's office to get her checked out. Her ears, throat and lungs are all clear and she weighs 23.6 lbs. They couldn't see anything obviously wrong with her but because she's been congested for over a month (coughing/runny nose) the doc thought it might be Sinusitis. So she prescribed Amoxycillin as an antibiotic and they will check her again when we bring her in for her 1 year well-check next week.

Jimmy took care of Riley until I got home. She went to bed around 8 pm, but woke up crying around 11:30pm. When I went to get her she was extremely hot to the touch. I took her temperature and it was 103!! She was screaming by then which woke Jimmy. He went and got a cool washcloth while I gave her some Motrin to try and bring her temperature down. It took about 45 minutes for her to cool down enough to go back to sleep and me and her couched it the rest of the night. When we got up this morning, her fever was gone, but she wouldn't let me put her down for anything.

When we got to daycare, it was like nothing was wrong. She was happy and playful. In fact, I took her jacket off and she ran across the hall to the toddler room and went straight for their toys. haha. I had to explain to her that she still had 2 more weeks before she could go play in that room. :-) I hope she'll be okay today. I have to call the doctor and have them send over a note saying that daycare can give Riley Tylenol as needed if she gets a fever again. Lord, I hope she doesn't. She really scared me last night.

1 comment: