Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another day in paradise

Since I use this blog as a kind of diary of memories and not just a convenient way to update our family and friends, I figured I'd tell you what's been going on the last couple of days. It's not very exciting so if you've got better things to do, then please... go ahead and do them. I won't be offended. This is mostly just a reminder to myself that TWO KIDS is plenty. In case I ever get the urge to get pregnant again after this. LOL.

So, yesterday, I left work early at 2:15 because if I looked at the computer for one more second I was going to be hugging the work toilet for Lord only knows how long and I really didn't want to do that. So with a can of ginger ale and some deep breaths, I hopped in the car to drive home. Once I got home, I crashed on the couch and slept for two hours. I was only interrupted once when the phone rang. It was my previous workplace asking if I could possibly come in and work on the 29th. Nope. It's my anniversary weekend. Sorry.... And back to sleep. I got up around 5 and went to get Riley from daycare. She seemed happy and energetic when I picked her up and so I decided to stop by the store and pick up a 12 pack of ginger ale since it seemed to help settle my stomach a little. Of course, just after I parked the car and got Riley out, I noticed her pants were a bit damp. I didn't smell anything so I kept going. We were just a couple minutes from the house and I really needed this ginger ale. About 5 minutes later, as I stood in line to checkout, Riley was squirming a lot and so I took a peek at her diaper... sure enough... mess was everywhere. Luckily, it wasn't coming out of her pants but it was definitely messy. I rushed to pay and get back to the car so I could get home to change her. Once we got home, I cleaned up the mess, changed her clothes and fed her dinner. After dinner, I heard Shanks make heaving noises and went to investigate. Sure enough, Shanks had puked... in her food bowl, on the counter and down to the floor all over Jimmy's sandals. Great! Riley and Divot then wanted to investigate so I had to distract them both long enough to get it all cleaned up. As soon as the nastiness was in the trash, I hear Shanks heaving again. What the hell? Yep, she puked in the spare bathroom on the counter and onto the floor. Fabulous!!!

After that whole fiasco, I finally lay down on the couch with Riley and by 8:15 she's sound asleep. I prepare to pick her up and take her to the crib when I notice a foul odor emanating from her butt. Seriously??!!! You pooped again??!!!! Yep. I had to change her which of course woke her up and for the next two hours she was wide awake and uninterested in going back to sleep. By this time, the "morning" sickness was really attacking me and I decided to just take Riley to bed with me. It was a very close call. I didn't even get to brush my teeth. If I hadn't gotten us into the bed when I did, I probably would've been hugging the toilet with Riley watching over my shoulder. Oh God. I chanted "Please be still please be still please be still" for about 10 full minutes before Riley and my stomach both finally settled down and to sleep we all went.

No comments:

Post a Comment