Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pregnancy dreams.... ACK!

I just had to make a post on this for posterity sake. Monday and Tuesday night this week, I was plagued with some crazy pregnancy dreams. I thankfully don't remember all of them, but there were two that had bits and pieces that really stood out. When I told my husband what I had been dreaming after the first night, he again questioned me on what I watched before bed. (This is because my prior dreams had involved Chef Gordon Ramsey as the main character... after having watched Hell's Kitchen. hahaha) After the second night's dream, my husband forbade me from dreaming anymore. LOL.

So, anyway, Monday night, I dreamed a mommy friend and I went on a cruise with our little girls. Nothing overly exciting about that.... until we reached our destination. Then, come to find out, my mommy friend was apparently a single mom and in need of finding a husband... this of course resulted in us jumping on our broomsticks and fighting flying monsters and witches throughout the remainder of the night. Hmmmmm.... where were our kids during all this? The dream did not see fit to include them once the cruise was over. I hope they slept through the chaos. haha.

Side note: I watched Hell's Kitchen before bed and fell asleep while watching Seinfeld. Harmless... at least I thought they were.

Tuesday night was the kick in the pants. I actually knew exactly what day it was and what week of my pregnancy I was in. (This is noteworthy because normally my dreams don't acknowledge the present day and time.) It was September 13th and I was a little over 23 weeks pregnant. I started cramping and Jimmy took me to the doctor. My memory blurs here, but I do remember that the doctor decided to induce my labor by shoving pills up my hoo-hah.... because I was having twins! After much chaos, crying and scared questions with no answers, I think I ended up getting an emergency cesarean. We had two healthy babies (one girl, one boy) both weighing 6 lbs 6 ounces. They immediately whisked the babies away though. I only got a brief glimpse of blood and mucus covered babies through my tears before they were out of my sight. I found out they would have to spend the next 20 days/weeks? in the NICU at a hospital in Colorado. (At this point, I felt like we were living in Texas, so this didn't seem too strange of an occurrence and it didn't seem ridiculously far away.) I was upset because we couldn't leave immediately to be with our babies. I couldn't breast feed them and sadly, it was two days later before I realized I hadn't even started pumping to get my milk going so I could store it for them in the future. Then, I really began to panic because.... we didn't even have any names picked out!!! Another friend and I decided that the name Alaina Renee would be good for a girl or that Taylor Renee and Tyler James might be good names for both since they were twins. The last thing I remember is anxiously waiting for Jimmy to get home so we could make a decision and see our babies.


Side note: I went to sleep watching According to Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment