That night, Omie came down to stay the night with us so that we could hit the local Just Between Friends kids consignment sale at 8am on Saturday morning. We wanted to be there early because everything would be half off and gone quickly. We found a really good deal in that Omie bought us a Graco double stroller for only $40!! It was in great condition and we just couldn't pass it up. Riley also got some cute clothes for cooler days since right now all of her clothing is geared for warm weather. I also got my hands on a diaper bag/cooler that had "never been used" for half off the asking price. A bag that normally sells for probably around $50, I managed to pluck off the shelf and buy for only $12.50... BRAND NEW. You just can't beat that. I also picked up some really cute wall art for the new baby's room. I'll have to get a picture of everything tonight so you can see it all. In the meantime, this is what the consignment sale looked like the first day of shopping (by Saturday, the inventory had dwindled but not by much):
After the sale on Saturday morning, we all came home for a little bit. Jimmy and Riley crashed on the couch for a mid-day nap and Omie and I went out for a little more shopping. I FINALLY got my hands on a stuffed Barney for Riley. That girl absolutely loves Barney these days and is always holding onto him at daycare. I had been to Walmart and Target with no success in finding one. I had hoped to see one at the consignment sale, but no such luck. I was determined to find one somewhere and mom joined me in the search. We finally got our hands on one at Babies R Us. We were really excited to bring it home to Riley and see her excited reaction. Well, when we got home, Riley had just woken from her nap and was in no mood for Barney apparently. She wanted nothing to do with him and in fact, acted as if he scared her. Really??!! I searched high and low for this stupid doll and you don't like him?? LOL. Doesn't that just figure. Luckily, by the time Omie left a few hours later to go back home, I convinced Riley to bring Barney to me and sang the Barney song. We then put the Barney DVD on that came with the doll and from that point on, it was love.
Saturday night though, mommy and daddy were feeling a bit under the weather. Daddy was sneezing a lot and mommy's throat was on fire. Sunday morning, daddy took over playing with Riley while mommy went on a 2 hour bike ride (ouch, ouch, ouch). By the time I got home, both Daddy and Riley were napping on the couch, so I jumped in the shower then crashed for an hour nap myself. When we all woke up, it was time to get ready for my Crafts & Craziness party. A couple of friends were coming over to bead bracelets for our 30 day challenge with Beading to Beat Autism. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, we will be able to make and sell at least 300 bracelets for the cause. Wish us luck!
As of this morning, Riley is back in daycare and a happy camper. Daddy and Mommy are still suffering though whatever it is we've got, but we're making it. My latest OB check up was this morning. I'm 25 weeks and have gained a total of 17 lbs so far. My next appointment on October 24th will involve the glucose test where I have to drink a really sugary orange drink an hour before my appointment. When I get to the appointment, they will draw my blood and test my sugar levels. If I pass, I don't have gestational diabetes. If I fail, I have to take a 3 hour test. If I pass, I don't have gestational diabetes. If I fail that one though, I do. I'm not too worried though. THIS time, I won't be eating a bowl of ice cream the night before. hahaha
I made a few more posters and I think I'm going to print and hang them in my office at work. Aren't they awesome? The earlier three I made, I plan to print and hang up in Riley's room.








Sorry to hear about all the illnesses! :( At least you got some good deals at the sale!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am so glad that my son isn't the only almost 2-year old that likes Barney! I have been embarrassed to tell people that he loves that damn purple dinosaur! (even more so - Baby Bop! haha) Thanks for the tip on finding a doll at Babies R Us!
I have a giveaway going on if u have time to enter Peter Rabbit organics only has 23 entries
ReplyDelete