Sunday, January 15, 2012

3rd day home...

Well, Harper was absolutely a blessing to me last night. SHE LET ME SLEEP! She woke up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but slept solidly between each feeding which let me get a pretty decent night's worth of sleep compared to the last three nights. I've been doing a lot of pumping because of my poor cracked/bleeding nipples and her bad latch. I'm trying to heal quickly but there's no speeding up the process. In fact, I was really shocked when I started pumping from my left breast and after a few minutes looked down to see a bottle full of milky red fluid. Yikes. I dumped it out, let Harper feed from the right side, then pumped the right side some more. I got a fresh bottle to pump the left side again and there wasn't a drop of blood that time. Very weird. I had to stop breastfeeding Harper entirely the rest of the night and all day because my right side started bleeding after that as well. My milk came in overnight so she's getting plenty to eat now and I even have some left over to start stocking up. Yay me!

Riley is still being a fantastic big sis. At one point, she was holding Harper on the couch with Omie and started playing on Omie's iPhone. Omie tried to take Harper away from her so she could play and Riley immediately wrapped her arms around her and said, "Nooooooo.... my baby!" Too cute! Riley fed Harper for the first time today and really did a great job with that as well. AND she helped Omie give Harper a bath this evening.

Tomorrow morning is Harper's first pediatric appointment. I will make sure and update you all with all of her stats when we get home.





Milk drunk and passed out on daddy...


Riley is having so much fun with Omie!






And last, but not least, my proud mommy moment.... Riley took this picture of herself with Omie's iPhone. So creative! I'm so impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment