Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wow... it's been interesting...

Sorry I haven't updated ya'll recently with all the doings here in the McCants' household. It's been a bit crazy with a newborn and a toddler and family and all. Wednesday, we took Riley to the doctor cause her left eye was scratched and watering badly and her right eye was pretty bloodshot. The doctor said at first that she definitely had Pink Eye, but then, as he came to explain the prescriptions he was giving me for her, he said it may be more of a sinus infection. I think he was right about the sinus infection. Both eyes cleared right up on the antibiotics. We put eyedrops in her eyes for the first couple of days just in case, but she didn't really need them it seems.

Harper is doing really well. She sleeps in 2-3 hour stretches and once or twice a day, she'll stay awake nearly the entire time between feedings. She has gas issues occasionally, but all in all she's been a pretty amazing little girl.

This weekend, I tried devoting some attention to Riley so she didn't feel left out. Granny and I took both girls to a nearby park for about an hour's worth of playtime which was fun for Riley. This morning, Riley and I got away from the house for a few hours and spent some time hanging out with Tina and Savanna.

Tomorrow is Harper's next doctor's appointment and we'll find out if she's regained her birth weight yet. I also get to start back to work but will be working off of my laptop at home for now. We will see how that goes.

Here are a few pics of Riley from the weekend. Hope you enjoy!


Riley loves the apple juice popsicle daddy made her...

Riley's latest Lego creation with Papa...

Swingin' at the park...




Gotta love static! LOL



Riley and Savanna having fun on the slide this morning...






2 comments:

  1. She's getting so big!! I'm glad things are going well and I hope the transition back to working goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures!!! I love that second to last one of Riley!

    Hope that Harper's appointment goes well and that starting back to work isn't too terrible. At least you get to work from home, but still - I know how rough it is to go back so early and to have another thing on your plate!

    ReplyDelete