Tuesday, January 3, 2012

STILL counting.... but there's an end in sight!

So, my doctor's appointment went well this morning. No weight gain this week. Blood pressure is good. Baby's heartbeat  and size are good. I've dilated 1 cm (a fingertip) and my cervix is very soft. The doc said it felt like mush, which while gross, is encouraging. LOL. While he was checking me, he "stripped my membranes" as well. Now, I've read about this being done to help try and induce labor, but I had no idea what was involved or how this happens. Basically, he just swirls his finger around my cervix to stimulate the membranes. Nothing crazy, just a bit uncomfortable. Supposedly it sometimes works. Well, something's going on cause I've been really crampy ever since. Now, does that mean I'm starting to labor? Who the heck knows. Guess we will have to wait and see. I'll keep everyone posted. If not and if Harper doesn't arrive by the weekend, the doctor has scheduled an induction for next Tuesday at 5 pm. So, no matter what, Harper will be here by next Wednesday at the absolute latest. YAY!!!!

And just for fun, here are a few more pics of Riles. These will probably be the last few pics of her as an only child so enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of the new baby within the next week or two. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete