So yesterday, around 6pm, I started having contractions 3 minutes apart. I kept track of them for over 2 hours and when they continued even after having eaten dinner, I called my doctor to see if I should go to the hospital to get checked out or if I should wait and see if my water broke. He said to go ahead and head over to labor & delivery, that labor was probably kicking in. Jimmy and I gathered our stuff and headed out while mom, dad, Chris and Kelli stayed at the house to keep an eye on Riley while we were gone. Jimmy and I got to the hospital and got checked in. The nurse took me back to Triage and checked my vitals and checked to see how far along I'd progressed. I was only 2 cms. My cervix was still mush but also still had a little thickness to it and Harper's head was still fairly high up. It also looked and felt like my contractions had spaced out again. I told the nurse I wanted to try and do things as naturally as possible, so she called my doctor to let him know her findings and he told her to send me back home to wait it out. Seriously??!!! Grrrr.
So here we are.... at home again... contractions continuing off and on all night and all day today. Mom, Aunt Kelli, Uncle Chris, Riley and I went to the beach for some fun and so I could walk around a bit to hopefully get things going some more. It didn't work, but we did have a lot of fun. Riley took a dip in the cold ocean not once, but TWICE and loved every second of it. She also built her first sand castle with the help of Aunt Kelli and Uncle Chris. Granny and Papa were waiting for us at home when we got back and we got to open a couple more Christmas gifts. Riley LOVED the cookie monster toy she got from Aunt Katherine and I loved the baby clothes Harper got as well. Too much fun...
Building her first sand castle....
Thank you God for such a beautiful day....
The finished castle...
After the beach, getting cleaned up...
Having fun with Aunt Kelli's phone on the drive home...
Looks like such a fun time! And how tan is Riley? Yowsa!!!
ReplyDelete