Thursday night, I got a much needed mommy's night out while Granny and Papa watched the girls. I went with a coworker to Painting With a Twist and painted this....
Yesterday, we loaded up the car and took the girls to Brandon for Harper's newborn photo shoot with my good friend Noemi Rivera, with My Angelface Photography. Harper did wonderfully well and so did Riley. We got some incredible shots! I will hopefully have the full set in the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime, here are a few sneak peeks...
Last week, Granny and Papa were here and were a huge help with the girls. Riley especially enjoyed having them visit. I started working from home on Tuesday and Granny helped keep an eye on Harper while I worked on my computer. It got a little hectic at times but we all managed to make it work. Yay! On another good note, the breastfeeding/pumping is going great. I've got a TON of milk stored in the freezer already... over 50 three to four ounce bags already. That's amazing. I don't think I produced that much milk in the entire four months I pumped for Riley. I had my second majorly painful experience yesterday though. Some of the milk ducts in my right boob got clogged and it HURT. It felt like there was a rather large rock lodged in there and I wasn't expressing as much milk as normal. My boob was really, really tender to the touch. I couldn't even pick up Riley or Harper without pain being involved. I finally gave in and sent a text to my cousin Ashley who's a breastfeeding queen (hahaha). She suggested I put some heat on it and then nurse Harper directly from the breast and it should clear up in about a day. The heating pad felt amazing and as soon as I nursed Harper, things felt much much better. The funny part was that she didn't stay latched like the pump does and whenever she let go, you could see milk arc out in a spray and it got all over her and me. It was like I sprung a leak. Let's just say we are going to have to work on that or at least have burp cloths immediately handy for cleanup. Harper's poor face was dripping milk after only a few minutes. Whoops.
Anyway, on to the fun part... we took the girls to the park a couple of time last week and got some fun photos while out. We also got some fun pics with Granny, Papa and cousins Claire and Drake. Here's a photo bomb for your entertainment! Enjoy!
Claire generously let Riley play with her phone... until Riley started opening apps she wasn't supposed to. LMAO. She's too smart for her own good.
Doing backflips off of Granny's lap...
Drake and Harper... he's a natural!
Daddy shows Riley how to play on his iPad...
Riley acting silly for the iPad camera...
Playing "Airplane" with Omie...
At the park...
Trying on mommy's sunglasses...
Riley LOVES swinging with daddy pushing...
Bye bye for now....























Cute photos of Riley! The family portrait is beautiful!
ReplyDelete