Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bad Dreams and a Funny Video...

Let me start off by saying I am well aware that with pregnancy, typically comes pregnancy dreams. I wasn't plagued by too many of these when I was pregnant with Riley, although there were a few very vivid ones. But... this time around, I seem to get them ALL THE TIME.... AND they aren't always good. In fact, I seem to be having several that involve me having this baby very early for no reason at all. Last night, I dreamt that I went in for my doctor's appointment (which is, in fact, this coming Monday) and the doctor said we had to have the baby right then. I was only 29 weeks! (Which, in fact, I will be on Saturday... see a pattern?). The last dream I had like this, I was being forced to have the baby at 23 weeks. I'm really not liking this trend at all...

Anyway, back to the dream. The doctor (which happened to be a very serious and stern Ellen Degeneres) informed me that they needed to get the labor started with Pitocin, but that I had to have an epidural in order to receive the medicine. So, there I was stuck at the hospital, my daughter with me, my husband in Ocala working (2 hours away) and I'm being stuck with a needle in my back for an epidural to mute the pain of contractions that will begin when the Pitocin is administered. I could still get up and walk around a little bit, but I was attached to the bed via the line attached to the needle in my back. Very weird. Anyway, I finally call my mom to ask her to come help with my daughter and she's pissed that I didn't call sooner and she calls my husband's sister who calls her parents and EVERYONE is angry at me for not having called sooner and I still hadn't gotten a chance to call my husband! I was so afraid I'd have the baby and he wouldn't be back in time.

I kept asking the doctor WHY did I have to have the baby now and did that mean he/she would have to go into the NICU and likely have lifelong health problems. No answer on why, yes baby would have to go into the NICU and yes baby would be hurting health-wise. I STILL DIDN'T KNOW THE GENDER cause my ultrasound wasn't for another week. I was really getting frustrated and upset and then someone posted on Twitter that I was "using" them for attention or something and couldn't believe that I waited so long to let them know we were having our baby. I was absolutely devastated and that was the last straw. I couldn't stop crying after that.... and then I woke up.

Nice huh? And I was watching Friends when I fell asleep. I don't see any connection there. I just don't understand all this dream anxiety I'm having. **sigh**

On a happier note, yesterday evening, I turned on a Barney video for Riley and for the first time ever... she actually sang and danced along with the characters! She's never interacted with the videos before so this was quite entertaining to watch. I rewound the song she seemed most enthusiastic about to see if she'd dance with it again and managed to catch it on video for you. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. That has to be one of the cutest things ever! I'm so glad you caught it on camera!

    ReplyDelete