Riley was in top form yesterday evening when I picked her up from daycare and when we got home. This child makes me smile so much it's a wonder my cheeks don't hurt all the time. I can guarantee I'll have laugh line wrinkles before I'm 40 for sure. hahaha.
When I get to daycare and walk in the door to my daughter's play room, I never know how she'll greet me from one day to the next. Occasionally, I'll get an ecstatic "Mommy!" followed by a running tackle hug... sometimes I'll get a screech and she runs to the nearest wall/door and slams into it with her palms out front.... sometimes she'll stay where she is, get a big grin on her face and then blow a loud raspberry at me. I got the raspberry treatment yesterday. It also took over 10 minutes to leave because she HAD to help clean up. And everything had to go where SHE wanted it to go. God forbid I help her out either.... no, no, no mommy... no mine, mine mommy.... LOL. When I finally get her to the door and almost out of the room, she has to close the door herself... which is cute. But, she then opens it again (did I mention that as of this week she has grasped the concept of turning the knob to open doors and has done it successfully multiple times... yikes), she spots another toy on the floor, runs back into the room, puts the toy up, and starts to close the door again. Just before she closes it all the way, she opens it again, peeks her head in and says "bye-bye!" with a little wave and slams the door shut then runs full tilt to the exit door and shouts "Go, mommy!" LOL
Before picking her up from daycare, I swung into the local chinese food restaurant and picked up some dinner for myself as I wasn't in the mood to mess up the kitchen cooking myself anything. When we got home, Riley pulled her dinner tray into the living room while I made her a peanut butter sandwich with a side of veggie dip crunchies and a few grapes. I set her up nicely and she immediately points to the TV and says "Narney?" So, I put a Barney video on for her and she screamed ecstatically and started eating dinner. I got my dinner tray out and started in on my yummy sweet & sour chicken combo meal. After about 5 or 10 minutes, Riley notices that I am eating too. With a sweet smile, she picks up her plate with her sandwich still uneaten and tries to hand it to me saying "All done?" No dear, you need to eat your sandwich. "No" she says and points to MY food, grunting to let me know she wants that instead.
I let her have a couple of pieces of my chicken and she ate them happily, but that still wasn't good enough... she decided she wanted to dip her chicken in the sweet and sour sauce. Really? Okay, let's see how messy this is going to get. After she dipped/dunked the piece of chicken she had in it, she licked the chicken to taste the sauce and made a funny face. I thought she didn't like it.... until she stuffed the WHOLE piece in her mouth all at once... and reached out insistently for another piece. Crazy child, chew, baby, chew! Geeeeez. No more chicken for you.
She was okay with that. She still had several pieces of her peanut butter sandwich left on her plate and she happily ate it all.... after dipping each little piece in the sweet and sour sauce... uh ew (I mean, seriously, peanut butter and sweet and sour sauce Riley? ew ew ew)... she loved it of course and greedily ate every last bite and then got mad at me when I put the lid back on the sauce after her sandwich was gone. Sorry, love, you are not getting your hands on the sauce by itself. That's a recipe for disaster I'm not about to indulge in. LOL.
I just love her personality. Keeps me on my toes. :-)
Thanks for following our blog and your sweet comments! I am following you back!
ReplyDeleteBrooke from babblingsandmore.blogspot.com