Saturday, October 1, 2011

I LOVE shopping sales!!!

If you read my post earlier this week, my mom and I went to a consignment sale last weekend when everything was 1/2 off. We hit the jackpot with a Graco double stroller that we got for only $40 among other things. Today, I went to another local consignment sale and found a couple of things. Then, I went to a community garage sale and hit the jackpot again with a 3 drawer dresser that I picked up for only $10!!! Here are some pics of the goodies I've grabbed over the last couple of weeks...

Diaper Bag - brand new, never been used - $12.50

Graco Double Stroller - $40.00

Sit N' Spin - $6.00

 Cabbage Patch Doll - $3.00

 Toddler Toilet Cushion - $2

Wall Art - $7.50

Wall Art - $7.50

Wall Art - 5 pieces (numbering 1 - 5) - $15.00

Changing Pad with 2 covers - $4.00

Hello Kitty Backpack - $4.00

Chalk Board / Magnetic White Board (with magnetic letters and chalk) -$4.00 

3 Drawer Dresser - $10.00

Also, yesterday, when my daughter and I got home from daycare, I needed 5 minutes to make dinner for Riley and get some groceries put up. I turned on Barney and Riley immediately climbed up on the couch with her Barney doll and was riveted to the dancing dinosaur and kids on TV. 



I am actually extremely grateful to that stupid purple dinosaur. Problem: Terrible Tantrum / Solution: Barney = happy toddler. Problem: Need 5 minutes to get something done / Solution: Barney = happy toddler.  And OMG, the sweetest thing ever... the end of the Barney show, they sing the "I love you, you love me..." song I'm sure all of us have heard before. Well, last night, when they got to the part that sings about hugging and "a kiss from me to you....", Riley gave me a hug and then kissed me right on the mouth!!! What a sweetheart!

In other heartwarming moments that make a mommy tear up... my mom is watching Riley tonight at her house. I went out with a mommy friend to see the movie "I Don't Know How She Does It" (great movie by the way, definitely a must see). I called to check in on Riley after the movie and could hear her playing in the back ground. At the end of the call (mom had me on speaker phone), I said "Bye bye Riley" and she very clearly said right into the phone "BYE BYE". I then said, "I love you sweetie" and she said "I wuv oo". My heart just melted. 

Stay tuned for another post tomorrow. I'm heading back to the consignment sale for the 1/2 off day with a fellow mommy whose baby is due in 2 weeks and THEN we're going to go buy some paint and paint up our bellies for some fun Halloween pics. I wanted to do this when I was pregnant with Riley and didn't have the opportunity. Should be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment