Okay, I can't wait so I'll just share the happy news first.... I PASSED THE 3 HOUR GLUCOSE SCREENING! Woohoo! Just like with Riley, my first blood draw numbers are always high. The one hour test always shows me around 20 points higher than the norm so they send me for the 3 hour. With Riley, the first number was again high but the next two blood draws were normal. Same this time. My first draw was about 10 points higher than normal, but the next two numbers were well within normal range. YAY ME! Now, I just need to get through the next ultrasound in two weeks that will determine whether or not my placenta is still lying low. Because I haven't had any symptoms (knock on wood) or bleeding (knock on wood), it's highly likely it moved up and out of the way like it was supposed to. If that's actually the case, then it should be smooth sailing from here on out. Cross your fingers and think lots of good thoughts for me. The ultrasound appointment is on Tuesday, November 22nd at 8am.
Now, for more precious Riley moments...
-- Riley's language skills are growing by leaps and bounds. I find my jaw dropping on a daily basis now because of the things she says and does. Yesterday, I picked her up fro daycare and she picked up one of the toys, showed it to me and said, "Bock!" Yes, it was a block. She was so proud of herself.
-- At daycare, when I say "Okay, it's time to go bye bye", she'll run to the door open it, wait for me to step out of the room and then close the door while yelling bye bye to everyone. I know this has probably been mentioned before, but it still makes me glow with pride especially when other parents are around. She's the only child that does this and it's just so darn cute!
-- At home, lately, if Riley doesn't know where me or daddy is, she'll call out for us now. For example, she was in the bath tub the other night and I needed to run to the kitchen real quick for something. A couple of seconds later, I hear "Mommy! Mommy!" I said "I'm coming. Just a sec." and she responded in a sweet little sing song voice "Moooommmy! Where are ooooo?" So funny.
-- When we get home in the evening, Riley usually grabs both the TV remote and the Wii remote and starts chanting "Marney! Marney! Elmo! Elmo!" Lately, it's been Elmo that she's wanted to see the most. I usually turn on an episode of Sesame Street via NetFlix while I get her dinner ready. She'll pull her dinner table out into the living room while I'm in the kitchen. I will bring her her dinner, put her in her chair and then proceed to make myself some dinner. When I come back to eat with her, Sesame Street is usually at a part that does NOT contain Elmo and she starts pointing and asking for Elmo over and over. With NetFlix, you can fast forward through scenes by looking at screen thumbnails until you get to the part of the show you want. While I move through the scenes, she'll start saying "Oh man. Oh man. Oh man." until I ask her if she wants to watch one of them.
Me: "Do you want to see Big Bird?"
Riley: "No, no Bird."
Me: "How about Grover? Do you want to see Grover?"
Riley: "No, no Gohber."
Me: "Oh look it's Bert and Ernie. Do you want to see Bert and Ernie?"
Riley: "No. No Ernie."
Me: "There's Elmo. You want Elmo?"
Riley: "Eeeeeeeelmmmmmoooooo!" and she bounces up and down in her chair. LOL
-- On a not so happy note, Riley busted her lip for the first time on Sunday. We were at Walmart and daddy gave her a can of whole kernel corn to play with and keep her occupied. Unfortunately, when she tried to put it in her mouth, I pulled her hand away and she jerked it back unexpectedly. Her lip got caught between her top teeth and the edge of the can and it split a little. Yes, there was blood. :-( Riley was a real trooper though and forgave me fairly quickly. I gave her a couple of baby wipes and she held the cool wipes against her lip for several minutes all on her own (I'm assuming it felt really good) and it helped the bleeding to stop too. It was just a very little cut and there was no swelling or bruising after, but both Mommy and Daddy felt really, really bad.
congrats on passing the blood screening!
ReplyDeletealso, I love the name you picked out for DD#2!
isn't nextflix streaming awesome? i think every mom of tots should have it!!!