Friday, November 11, 2011

The most beautiful smile....


Our daughter is once again asserting her independence. The last two mornings, she has had a definite opinion on what clothes I decide to dress her in for the day. Yesterday, I wanted to put her in some gray leggings under a knee length dress. She kept saying no, no, no over and over and swatting at the leggings. I finally convinced her to put them on and then she wanted to put on a sleeveless halter top thing that was WAY too warm for the weather right now. She gave in put then was really upset with me over my shoe choice for her. She HAD to have her purple sparkly light up shoes. I gave in on this one and she gave me the most beautiful smile. LOL.

This morning, it was an even chillier start to the day at around 50 degrees outside. I put some black pants on her and was about to put a cute little red sweater on her to go with the pants, but she grabbed hold of the halter top shirt from yesterday and very strongly insisted on wearing THAT instead. Oh no. It's WAY too cold honey. Uh uh. She didn't care. She wanted to wear THAT shirt. Oy vay. Okay fine. I put the shirt on her. She gave me the most beautiful smile.... Cute. Real cute. Okay, now seriously, it's way too cold to just wear that shirt. Would you wear the sweater on top of it please? Okay. No problem. But the shoes MUST BE the purple sparkly light up shoes. hahahahahaha. When we said good bye to daddy on our way out. She kept saying "Bye bye I wuv oo!!" over and over as we left. It was so adorable.

Did I mention she knows all the teachers names at daycare? Did I mention that I don't even know all the teachers names at her daycare? I only just discovered this new development early this week when she called not one, but two by name as she handed them one of her toys when we were leaving. This morning, she went into one of the other rooms and I thought she was just babbling as she peeked in. Come to find out, one of the other parents was in the room, heard her and said, "No, Aga isn't here yet. She'll be here soon." Huh. The teacher in that room's name is Aga and Riley was asking for her. Wow. She never ceases to amaze me. In her room, the teacher sat her in her chair to eat some breakfast and the chairs have a little seat buckle to keep them in the seat. When the teacher pulled the ends of the buckle out, Riley immediately grabbed them and said, "I do it! I do it!" Then she proceeded to pull her sweater and her shirt up, tuck them under her chin so she could see the buckle and buckled herself in, pulled her shirts back down, then looked up and gave me the most beautiful smile.... I'm soooooo proud of her. I don't know how the love I fill doesn't just burst out of me and flood the world. Seriously.

Watching Sesame Street at Omie and Opie's with her Barney and Mickey Mouse for company.

Precious Moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment