Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend update...

Well, we had a pretty eventful weekend this weekend. It started off with Riley going to bed around 8 pm on Friday night and then waking up crying around 10:50 pm when Jimmy got home. Jimmy went to check on her, both of us thinking she just lost her pacifier. As it turns out, she'd thrown up in her bed. Poor thing. That's only the 2nd time in her life that she's thrown up and the last time was in a car while we drove up a very windy mountain road. I think the fact that she's never really been sick to her stomach scared her pretty bad because she was shaking terribly, ice cold and crying. When we put her in the tub to try to wash her off, she refused to sit in the water and just stood there shaking and crying while I cleaned her up. It broke my heart to see her like that. Finally, I sat down on the couch with her and wrapped a blanket around her to try and warm her up. She finally perked up enough to ask for Elmo. We watched Elmo for about 20 minutes until she started to drift off and then we put her back in bed. She slept through the rest of the night with no trouble, woke up close to 8 in the morning and was just fine. No fever. Smiling like nothing ever happened.

Because she seemed happy with no ill effects from the night before, she and I went with our friends Tina and Savanna to the Sunken Gardens in St. Petersburg. We had a lot of fun there and got some great pictures (see the photo bomb below). After the gardens, we had lunch at Cracker Barrel where Riley and Savanna held hands as we walked to the table and even when we walked back to the car afterwards. We played at Tina's house for about an hour or so after that and even watched some Barney while we were there. Now, THAT was funny. Both girls shouted "Baaarrrnnneyyy!!!!" as soon as it came on. They even danced and clapped to "If you're happy and you know it...." together. They're like two peas in a pod I swear. hahaha.

Sunday morning, Riley, Daddy and I all went to the dog park with Divot. Riley had fun chasing all the dogs, throwing a nasty tennis ball and digging in the dirt. I think she had more fun than Divot did. LOL. We came home for a nice two hour nap and then Riley and Daddy spent the evening together while Mommy went to a friend's house for dinner. All in all, a very nice weekend.

























No comments:

Post a Comment