Saturday, November 5, 2011

Precious Moments...

Precious moments I absolutely want to remember… so I'm writing them here.

-- When we pull onto our street on our way home from wherever or when we pull into our garage, Riley now shouts "Hoooome!"
-- Yesterday, I got Riley out of her carseat and opened the garage door to let her in the house. As soon as the door opened, Riley yelled "Daddy!" and ran into the house looking for daddy. She even ran into the bedroom looking for him. Unfortunately, he was at work. But it was so cute.
-- When we get home, we need to let Divot, our dog, out to go to the bathroom. Now, all I need to say is "Divot needs to go potty. Let's let her out." and Riley runs over to the sliding glass door and opens it enough to let Div out and when Div is fully out she says "Googirl" (good girl). LOL
-- Riley is OBSESSED with Barney, but is occasionally pacified with an episode of Sesame Street and Elmo instead
-- We blew up a bunch of balloons for the party last Sunday and there are still a few on the floor throughout the house, mainly because Riley loves playing with them. She'll run up, grab one and throw it in the air saying "Bawoon!". She even manages to catch it after throwing it in the air most times. Lastly, the funniest thing she does is stick the end that's tied in a knot in her mouth then shake her head back and forth whipping the balloon back and forth too. It's hilarious and she loves it.

Yesterday, when we got home, I noticed the mail siting on the stove. One particular piece of mail made me laugh out loud. Our daughter isn't even 2 years old yet and she's already getting her own mail. (By the way, the WTF written on it is courtesy of my dear husband. LOL)


Today, we did absolutely nothing all day. Jimmy left for work around 2 pm and by that time, Riley and I were sick of being cooped up inside. I threw a pair of shoes on her and we decided to play with some sidewalk chalk in the driveway for a little while. The neighbor's little girl across the street, came over to see us for a few minutes and then they left to go to the store. I pulled out a couple of Sesame Street tents that a coworker had given me a while back. Riley had fun running in and out of them and also taking each piece of chalk she had in her little bucket, piece by piece and hiding them in the school bus tent. It was really cute to watch. You can see the pile of them behind her in the picture if you look closely.


Soon after, we walked next door to see if Ellie and Quinn were home and wanted to play a little. They, in fact, got home just as we rang the door bell. We ended up spending the rest of the evening at their house playing with the chalk and the tents, then migrating to their backyard where the kids played some more. We ended up staying for some yummy turkey burgers and then finally heading home for a much needed bath. I should've gotten a picture of Riley before the bath. She was covered head to toe in dirt... face, hands, shoes... black. Yes, black, with caked dirt. At least she had fun! She got her bath and a sippy cup of water, then laid down with me on the couch to wind down. She was sound asleep in bed by 7:15pm. Ahhhhh, mommy bliss. I'm actually going to go lay in bed and READ myself to sleep. Such a lovely way to end the evening. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sweet. I was just thinking of doing a post of Ava-isms because she's been saying such cute things lately. In fact, I think I'll do that now!

    ReplyDelete